The Shards Of Narsil

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Work, Religion, and Life

I'm still going to the Methodist church that we joined a couple of years ago. It's good because there's no specific pressure to conform to any specific dogma. I can continue to explore spirituality on my own terms without fear that I'm going to be judged arbitrarily. The church provides a good social network as well.

We had a superbowl party and they handed out some half-price tickets to a place in Oregon called Cannon Beach. We went there a couple of weeks ago, and it was awesome. The weather was uncharacteristically good for February. We spent a lot of money, so I'm going to be looking for some overtime to pay down our credit card. With the abysmal economy lately, things are tight already, but we're doing okay.

It took some getting used to the new work site, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. There are a lot of movie buffs there, so I've been renting movies to kind of catch up. I didn't really watch a lot of movies before. Turns out I'm enjoying them.

I've also been doing a lot of reading, as usual. I've been enjoying some books by Brian McLaren, and have been reading a series called "Warriors". My daughter turned me on to this. It's about cats. It's for middle-grade readers, but I enjoy it anyway.

Take care of yourself.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. My name is Angela. I have gone through many, many religions- Wicca included. I was wondering if it had any negative effects on your feelings like it did me?
After starting, I began to notice odd things that normally shouldn't have been there. For example, I began to see people who had passed away. Whenever things like this occurred, I felt deeply troubled, and even thinking back on it, I get a bit teary eyed. I was wondering if you may have had similar feelings?

angelathetiger@hotmail.com

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home